Official Hammond B-3 Virtual Instrument!
Full effects chain, cabinet models, and more
IK Multimedia Hammond B-3X delivers the full sonic impact of the B-3, and includes a full FX chain to re-create the complete signal path and character of these classic instruments as they were actually used in countless epic recordings. Hammond B-3X naturally includes a Leslie rotary speaker cabinet with multiple microphones, but you also get classic stomp box effects, a selection of power amp and cabinet models you can mix-and-match, a parallel guitar amp and 4 x 12″ cab, a full-featured mixer, and even post-mixer effects.
It’s all in the details
For Hammond B-3X, IK’s approach to the instrument matches the way the original hardware organ works. Based on several meticulously-maintained Hammond organs, B-3X starts with 91 free-running modeled tonewheels and or absolute realism mixes those in real time based on your notes and drawbar levels. IK’s modeling then faithfully re-creates tonal filtering, independent key click, and the iconic Hammond percussion and chorus-vibrato circuits to re-create the massive, “organic” feel of the actual instrument. All settings, controls, and circuits are modeled to IK’s exacting standards, with every detail checked and confirmed with the Hammond Organ Company team. You can even simulate the effects of aging components, controlling tonal balance, generator leakage and crosstalk, and even the presence boost of the chorus circuit!
IK Multimedia Hammond B-3X Features:
- Official Hammond B-3 virtual instrument, designed in cooperation with Hammond Organ Company
- Advanced editing with tonewheel model selection, generator leakage, key click, tonal balance, percussion, and chorus
- 24 custom drawbar settings available within each preset
- Official Leslie speaker with 7 amps and 5 cabinets you can mix-and-match
- Parallel guitar amp section with 2 amp models and 4 x 12″ cabinet
- 5-unit stompbox pedalboard for ultra-flexible tonal shaping
- 3-effect studio post-FX section for final polish and mastering
- Zoomed-in controls view for live or session use
- MIDI program change preset assignments
- Assignable MIDI CCs for use with external controllers
- Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a standalone application