Robust Rhythms and Xpanded Grooves
Built as a performance powerhouse, Stylus RMX Xpanded delivers a 14GB suite of sounds transcending genre, timbre, and style, letting you explore and ideate using rhythm as an instrument. This plug-in takes a loop-based approach to combining and reimagining nearly 10,000 sonic grooves across the included five Spectrasonics S.A.G.E. Xpanders: Backbeat, Retro Funk, Liquid Grooves, Burning Grooves, and Metamorphosis. Innovative time Design and Chaos Design tools allow you to inject plenty of variation and style that can adapt to nearly any tempo or time signature without sacrificing fidelity. Deep sound design features and state-of-the-art FX allow for near-endless fine-tuning of your sound, with all 20,000 system parameters capable of MIDI control across a plethora of interfaces, accommodating your workflow. Intelligent features include sound-specific editing, real-time auto-synchronization, and user-imported audio loops, making Stylus RMX Xpanded just powerful on the stage as it is in the studio. With its unique and deeply-detailed approach to sound design and composition, Sweetwater’s production pros agree that Stylus RMX is a brilliant way to Xpand your sonic repertoire!
S.A.G.E. wisdom for your tunes
Short for “Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine,” the award-winning S.A.G.E. technology powers this diverse groove engine and its Xpanders. Backbeat features contributions from world-class drummers Gregg Bissonette, Bob Wilson, John Ferraro, and Eric Boseman for a versatile variety of authentic, live acoustic drum grooves. Retro Funk sees the same crew dedicate their chops to funk- and soul-inspired rhythms, boasting highly-syncopated and flexible fills, breakdowns, intros, and more. Bob Wilson and Eric Boseman provide the spectrum-spanning styles of ethnic instruments, unusual progressions, and Wavedrum grooves found in the Liquid Grooves Xpander. Abe Laboriel Jr. (known for work with Paul McCartney, Sting, Steve Vai, and more) provides genre-bending, high-impact live drums, diversified across different time signatures and “No Kick”/“No Snare” variants for Burning Grooves, with additional remixes from Eric Persing that take these loops to the extreme. The acclaimed producer’s work undergirds the versatile, remix-oriented sounds of Metamorphosis, demonstrating the outer limits of the S.A.G.E. technology’s sonic output.
Unmatched sound design
Grooves and sounds can be endlessly combined and modified across an 8-part multitimbral playback, with each part capable of hosting dozens of loops and samples. Intelligent and straightforward editing features let you easily toggle between time signatures, keys, tempos, and more, thanks to the Time Designer. Groove simplification features painlessly allow you to modify existing loops of different styles to fit together more fluidly, drastically expanding opportunities for re-combination. With the aid of the Chaos Designer, loops and grooves can be given lifelike variation and “improvisation” for a natural feel of your choosing. Modules and kits can be combined and rearranged on the fly with real-time synchronization features to keep grooves in time and in tune, making it great for live performances. Plus, you can choose from Xpanders, the core libraries, your own remixes, and cross-platform/cross-host patches to build your own kits. An onboard 8-channel mixer features its own four auxiliary sends and output assignments, alongside a multi-mode power filter, three syncable LFOs, three AHDR envelopes, reversal features, and more for flexible, deep integration into your setup.
With deep control and modification over 10,000 sounds across 500 muti-grooves, 250 kits, and five S.A.G.E. Xpanders, Stylus RMX Xpanded is a near-endless well of sounds. Of course, Spectrasonics wasn’t content to stop there. World-renowned studio-quality FX supplement your sound with countless options for further customization and personalization of your loops and grooves. Multiple FX racks deliver a powerful suite of 27 versatile sound-shaping effects, from compressors, distortions, and filters to phasers, delays, spring reverbs, and more. With the use of REX files, you can near-endlessly expand your aural arsenal with, building loops of your choosing with the ReCycle feature. Moreover, improvised and Chaos Designer-derived progressions and be automated to generate MIDI data for easy recall or drag-and-drop use with grooves and loops of your choice.
Spectrasonics Stylus RMX Xpanded Features:
- Groove and loop-based rhythm instrument with five S.A.G.E. Xpanders for 10,000+ sounds to explore
- 500 Multi-grooves and 250 kits allow you to build, combine, and reimagine grooves across numerous styles and genres
- Innovative Time Designer and Chaos Designer tools add natural and improvisation-like variation while adapting to virtually any progression or time signature
- Deep editing features allow for non-destructive fine-tuning of grooves and sounds at any level of precision
- Reliable auto-sync capabilities and on-the-fly groove/kit changes make Stylus RMX Xpanded a versatile, adaptable live-performance tool
- 27 professional FX include Tube Limiter, Tape Slammer, Modern and Vintage Compressors, Wah-Wah, Power Filter, 6 different Vintage/Parametric/Graphic Equalizers, Flame Distortion, Valve Radio, PRO-Verb, EZ-Verb, Spring Verb, Gate Expander, Stereo Imager, Flanger, 2 different Phasers, 3 BPM Delays, Retroplex Tape Delay and Radio Delay
- ReCycle technology allows users to upload and expand their loops and grooves with REX files
- 8-part multitimbral playback enables complex tonal layering with dozens of grooves/loops per part
- Multiple stereo outputs and 8-channel mixer with 4 aux sends and assignable outputs for straightforward integration with most setups
- Multi-mode power filter, 3 synchronizable LFOs, 3 AHDR envelopes, and more deliver precision sonic sculpting
- MIDI Learn functionality can map and assign all 20,000 parameters to accommodate nearly all workflows
- PC standalone, AAX, VST, VST3