- Windows 10 (older Windows versions may work but are not tested) (Windows 11 Pending) (64-bit only).
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space).
Vintage sound, modern combo.
A powerful and musical modern plug-in channel strip with the unique vintage sound of Chandler Limited®, the Zener-Bender combines the crisp and colorful character of the Curve Bender Mastering Equalizer with the big, punchy Zener Limiter to bring class, history, and most crucially of all, a phenomenal sonic impact. Component-modeled with Softube’s customary care and experience, these units together can take charge of any mix.
A Powerful Channel Strip
Two vintage-sounding units, full of heritage and trusted by some of the world’s top engineers, combined into a focused channel strip workflow.
The Big and Punchy Zener Limiter
A versatile and powerful compressor/limiter with punch and power to match its tasteful distortion.
The Crisp and Colorful Curve Bender
An extremely musical and characterful mastering equalizer. Can be subtle or drastic, but always makes things sound better.
An Imperial Family Tree
Tracing the heritage of the Chandler Limited® Zener-Bender is like discovering an imperial family tree. Its roots are in EMI consoles, used at Abbey Road from the 60s onwards to record some of the most seminal albums of all time, by the likes of Pink Floyd and The Beatles. And right up to the present day Curve Bender and Zener Limiter are being used in both hardware and plug-in form by top producers and engineers across records by world-leading artists such as Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, The White Stripes, Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift, and more. The influence of the Chandler sound cannot
The native plug-in version of the Zener-Bender, apart from combining the heritage, color, and character of the Zener Limiter and the Curve Bender in one impactful channel strip, is special for its plug-in-only features.
Digital audio and software flexibility allows us to offer External Sidechain input, Mid/Side Processing, and Channel Linking. Clean up your low end in the center of your soundstage while gently calming your cymbals out wide. Bring a vocal to the front, even at the mastering stage, without damaging the tracks supporting it. You’re in charge of just about everything.
The TG12413 Zener Limiter was conceived by Chandler Limited® designer Wade Goeke, to continue the tradition of EMI Limiters started in 1954 with the RS114 tube limiter and the 1968 RS168 Zener Limiter. The Zener Limiters were also part of the 1969 TG12345 console channel and the 1974 TG12413.
It’s a powerful, punchy-sounding dynamics workhorse, which brings character without being difficult. It’s a favorite of top mix engineers like Tony Maserati and Joe Chiccarelli, as much for its versatility as for the mojo it brings.
- Zener Limiter and Curve Bender combined in one channel strip
- The historic EMI/Abbey Road sound from the late 60s was realized by Chandler Limited®’s hardware and reimagined for a modern studio context
- Expertly modelled by Softube
- Includes four plug-ins: Zener-Bender, Zener Limiter, Curve Bender, and Zener-Bender for Console 1
- Units used on modern classic records by Beyoncé, The White Stripes, and Lady Gaga
- Plug-in exclusive features: External Sidechain, M/S Processing, Channel Linking Zener-Bender
- Console 1-ready: the individual plug-ins can be used within the Console 1 mixing ecosystem.