Windows 10 or 11 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2 GB RAM
Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher, and Direct 3D 11.1 or higher
4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
Native Instruments Kontakt 7
For 20 years, KONTAKT has been the backbone of countless film scores and pop hits, as well as thousands of incredible instruments from NI and your favorite NKS developers alike. Now, with a new HiDPI browsing experience, an overhauled Factory Library, new creative effects, and under-the-hood audio improvements, the next evolution is nearly here.
HREE NEW INSTRUMENTS
KONTAKT 6 introduces the KONTAKT Play Series: Sonically rich sample libraries that combine powerful sound design with simple playability. Each offers eight intelligently mapped macro knobs giving you a wide-sweeping, intuitive range of control. They all showcase KONTAKT’s new wavetable module, each offering two blendable sound sources and a unique take on a speciality style.
Iconic 20th century hardware synthesizers captured with an intricate level of detail, and creatively processed with seminal outboard effects. This hybrid analog/digital instrument utilizes blendable sound sources to deliver a modern take on classic electro and synthwave, which have seen a resurgence in recent cinema.
Hybrid organic/electronic instrument that takes myriad acoustic instruments from around the world, and combines it with digital synthesis, organic foley layers, and effects processing. The result fuses traditional and digital, with basses, strings (bowed and plucked), wind instruments, tuned percussion, bells/metals, pads/drones, leads, and textural ambiences.
A contemporary, creative, and ultimately new take on keys and piano sounds. HYBRID KEYS moves away from conventional sampling processes and instead focuses on inventive techniques such as re-amping, creative mic positioning in interesting spaces, and vari-speed experiments with tape.
NEW FEATURES FOR BUILDERS
KONTAKT has long since grown beyond its origins as a software sampler, and now provides a solid foundation for building advanced sample-based instruments. We’ve been supporting this platform, and the people who use it, with continuous updates to KONTAKT 5, and KONTAKT 6 builds on this strategy with some big additions for you builders out there.
- Replika Delay: Based on the dedicated Native Instruments plug-in REPLIKA XT, it offers multiple delay modes, each with a vastly different sound character.
- Room Reverb: A new high-quality algorithmic room reverb that offers options for real time modulation.
- Hall Reverb: Another high-quality algorithmic reverb, tuned for hall sounds.
- Plate Reverb: Emulates a plate reverberator for for classic vintage metallic sounds.
- Cry Wah: Wah-wah effect module, based on the most popular wah pedal of all time.
The latest version of KONTAKT adds wavetable synthesis to the ever expanding KONTAKT toolset. All three of the new Play Series instruments incorporate this new module, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you create with this powerful new building block.
Creator Tools is a standalone application designed to improve the workflows of library builders and instrument creators. It consists of two elements: A Debugger, for identifying and fixing problems in KONTAKT script, and an Instrument Editor, which can load and run Lua scripts to automap samples, duplicate and batch rename groups, and copy settings from one part of an instrument to another.
- New HiDPI Browser, Factory Library 2 with HiDPI interfaces, New FX, UX improvements.
- ADDED A new fullscreen HiDPI Browser featuring global text search, filter by tag, brand & properties, favorite presets, import of non-Player libraries
- REMOVED Database tab has now been removed and superseded by the new Browser
- FIXED Kontakt plugin window would appear tiny in some hosts when HiDPI was enabled
- ADDED There is now a new Psyche Delay effect
- ADDED There is now a new Ring Modulator effect
- CHANGED Minimum supported macOS version is now 10.15
- CHANGED “Locate Libraries” has been changed to “Manage Libraries” and redirects to Native Access
- ADDED A new MIDI learn mechanism is introduced in the Automation tab
- IMPROVED The Minimized View user experience has been enhanced
- IMPROVED The Minimized View can now be toggled with F10
- IMPROVED The Options dialog can now be called with F12
- IMPROVED Octave numbers are now shown on the virtual keyboard
- IMPROVED Help text now extends to the full width of the rack
- ADDED The Output section now contains factory presets
- FIXED In some cases Reaper would create a mono channel instead of stereo channels for Kontakt multi outputs
- FIXED In some cases Cubase would crash when using certain 3rd party libraries
- FIXED Group output was not saved in snapshots
- FIXED Help tags of overlapping controls would be stuck
- FIXED Banks did not have a default file name
- FIXED Kontakt would crash when attempting to display special characters
- FIXED Edit all buses did not apply to all send effects parameters
- FIXED Load file dialog would display incorrect file extension
- FIXED Collection of minor GUI fixes
- IMPROVED In the “Saving Instrument” dialog, the “Absolute sample paths” option is now disabled by default and not persistent
- FIXED When using Auto Map in the Mapping Editor, Kontakt would not interpret numerical tokens starting with zero
- FIXED Zone auto mapping numeric value to single key would not set the root note
- IMPROVED Maximum number of declared user zones in now increased to 1024
- IMPROVED New empty groups can now also be created from the Expert tab context menu
- IMPROVED Empty user zones can now be hidden in the Mapping Editor
- FIXED Tape Saturator would cut out the signal with sample rates above 192khz
- FIXED Output section batch creation would create surround channels instead of stereo
- FIXED Kontakt would crash when forcing Wavetable parameters out of range via KSP
- ADDED KSP Engine parameter for setting the LFO phase $ENGINE_PAR_LFO_PHASE
- ADDED KSP Bindings for the 32 Step Modulator
- IMPROVED KSP Script errors and warnings are now more informative and consistent
- IMPROVED KSP A getter function for $EVENT_PAR_MOD_VALUE_ID is added
- IMPROVED KSP ui_mouse_area now responds to control parameters for Control, Alt and Shift keyboard modifiers