Some productions don’t call for big reverbs, pumping side-chain compression or excessive amounts of saturation, just the bare, unscripted and acoustic truth. Presenting a collection of nuanced, sparse, mellow and mature-sounding kits, the Singer-Songwriter EZX is an homage to just that. Welcome to the epitome of a bespoke drum library for any selective songwriter who considers the raw, unbridled voice of a drum kit as much of a storyteller as the song itself.
The Singer-Songwriter EZX was recorded in a choice room, relatively small and transparent to ensure minimum ambient coloration. In total, it includes five full kits recorded with sticks as well as one configuration and several additional instruments sampled with brushes. To paint the broadest picture possible, each kit was handpicked for its contrasting qualities, character and tonal complexity. Seeking to deliver the most homogeneously composed kits, the selective process was scrutinized in extreme detail – from the matching of heads with tuning and cymbal sizes with drum timbres down to the delicacy of the drummer’s stroke.
The result is the consummate collection of organic, full-bodied and warm-sounding drums for laid-back train beats, smooth, brushed pocket grooves or any steady backbeat. Welcome to let touch, tone and timbre define the backbone of the rhythm section on your next Americana, folk, acoustic pop or other track filed under the amazing width of the singer-songwriter genre.
- A collection of drum kits tailored for acoustic pop, rock, indie, folk and any style associated with the singer-songwriter genre
- Five full drum kits sampled with sticks
- One full kit configuration as well as several snares and cymbals sampled with brushes
- Four full cymbal setups, four hi-hats and 14 snares in total
- One hi-hat-mounted tambourine as well as three handheld, three shakers, hand claps and more
- Includes presets for a wide range of mix-ready drum tones
- Comes with a basic collection of MIDI tailored for each kit