- Windows 8 or 10.
- AAX, VST and VST3
- No iLok, challenge-response or any other convoluted method is needed for registering Quantum.
- You will receive a serial number at the time of the purchase.
Beyond the Transient Shaper
Quantum is an audio plugin that separates an audio signal into its attack and sustain parts. It includes 16 built-in high-quality effects that you can apply to each path independently. Quantum redefines what’s possible in transient shaping.
A transient shaper is an audio processor that can increase or reduce the transients or tonal parts of a signal. It has become an indispensable mixing tool in every studio.
Quantum automatically detects and classifies the transients of your signal, separating the sound into two paths: attack and sustain. The level of control you have now is unmatched, giving you the possibility to add effects to each path separately, before joining them back together.
When dealing with innovation Wavesfactory struggled to classify their own creations. Is Quantum a transient shaper? In a way it is, but when you compare it to a regular transient shaper you fall short, as it is so much bigger. Quantum is innovative and it doesn’t fit into a simple category.
Smart Transient Detection
Quantum is a state of the art transient shaper at its core. Wavesfactory uses this technology to automatically detect transients. By doing so, Wavesfactory got artefact-less, more natural results than other methods that can sound digital and full of artefacts.
Quantum takes away the need for a threshold parameter, which you would have to set for each track. That way you can work faster and get pristine results.
Quantum is not a one-trick pony, it’s quite the opposite. Think about it like a toolbox. It’s a comprehensive set of tools that let you control, mangle, manipulate and completely transform your tracks.
EQ your transients, re-pitch your drums without losing any of the attack, reduce plosives from vocals, why not EQ plosives only? Add reverb to just the attack of your drums to get a much more focused and clean room feel. Possibilities are really endless, and Wavesfactory were sure that you will come up with new ways of using them that they couldn’t imagine right now. Be creative!
Built-in Effects Suite
Using the main volume knob for attack and sustain already makes a big difference in your sound. But Quantum comes with 16 high-quality DSP effects that you can add to the attack or sustain part of the signal independently, boosting exponentially the sonic capabilities of the plugin.
- Chorus – Stereo chorus with 4 LFO modulates voices spread in the stereo field.
- Compressor – VCA compressor with auto-gain designed for versatility.
- Convolution – Impulse response loader with filters, pre-delay and included IR collection.
- Delay – Stereo Delay with tempo sync and filters in the feedback path.
- Enhancer – 2-band Spectre that applies saturation just where you want it to.
- EQ – Parametric graphical EQ with five bands and seven filter types.
- Flanger – Stereo Flanger with feedback, stereo spread and sine/triangle waveforms.
- Limiter – Brickwall limiter with lookahead functionality for pristine results.
- Lo-Fi – Sample rate reducer and bit crusher, with mix and output controls.
- Phaser – Stereo phaser with a sine/triangle LFO, spread and 2 to 12 notches.
- Pitch Shifter – High-quality effect that changes the pitch without affecting the length.
- Reverb – Inspired by room and plate reverbs, combining best features of both.
- Saturation – Toolbox with five saturation types and parameters for saturation modelling.
- Stereo Tools – Utility effect that controls the volume and phase of the different channels.
- Tremolo – Changes the level of your signal with an LFO. Can be a ring modulator.
- Vibrato – Changes the pitch of your signal using an LFO. Can be a frequency shifter.
Make an Impact
- Enhanced Workflow – Quantum has been designed to be easy to use. With clear delimited sections, everything is always visible without hidden parts.
- 2-band Spectre included – The enhancer included in the built-in effects is a stripped-down version of the acclaimed plug-in Spectre, featuring low and high shelves.
- Resizable – You can resize the window by stretching the bottom right corner, just like all other Wavesfactory plugins.
- Retina-Ready – The plugins don’t use any images, everything is drawn on the fly by software. All graphics are crisp, and animations are smooth.
- Apple Silicon – Built for the latest Apple M1 chip, and also for Intel ones. VST and AU only at the moment, AAX is still in the works by Avid.
- Auto Updater – The plugin will warn you that there is an update available and it can be automatically updated from within the plugin. Never miss an update.
- Preset System – With a wide collection of factory presets. Create your own presets easily with save, save as and delete functionality.
- Mix and Output – Quantum includes global mix and output volume parameters.