The First Physically Modeled Electric Bass Software Instrument
When synth bass or samples won’t do, and you can’t get a talented bass player to cut a perfect track on short notice, reach for IK Multimedia’s Modo Bass software instrument. Modo Bass is the first physically modeled electric bass guitar, and it delivers the rich and nuanced sound of a real instrument played by a real musician. IK is known for their innovation in the world of analog modeling, and they’ve used that experience to model every aspect of the electric bass and how it’s played. With 12 basses modeled on the most-played bass guitars ever made, plus MIDI keyswitching to create lifelike articulations, IK Multimedia’s Modo Bass is a must-have tool for any producer.
Control over your bass tone, down to the component level
Because Modo Bass operates on real-time synthesis instead of samples, it can deliver bass tone that’s practically indistinguishable from a real-life performance. And you can shape your sound just like you would with a real bass: customize your string gauges and even their age, control where your playing hand would address the strings, adjust pick thickness, and even emulate active or passive electronics.
Multiple playing styles for advanced bass lines
Modo Bass allows you to choose from three playing styles — pluck, slap, and pick. Thanks to full MIDI control and keyswitching, you can switch between different styles on the fly, just like a real bassist. You even have control over the position of your virtual musician’s playing hand, allowing for far more realism than you would typically achieve with a software instrument.
Wide range of bass models, amplifiers, and effects
If you’ve ever tried IK Multimedia’s AmpliTube software, you already know that IK sets a high standard for amp modeling. They’ve applied their modeling know-how to Modo Bass to bring you 12 bass guitar models (based on the most legendary basses ever made), plus 20 interchangeable pickup models, seven stompbox effects, and two bass amplifier models (derived from AmpliTube).
IK Multimedia Modo Bass Software Instrument Features:
- Physically modeled electric bass instrument with 12 bass models, 7 stompbox effects, and 2 amp models
- Models everything about playing electric bass: the instrument, the player, the effects, and the amp
- Customize your virtual bass with control over string number, scale length, tuning, string gauge, and even string age
- 20 interchangeable pickup models for virtually unlimited tonal combinations
- Choose from 3 playing styles (Pluck, Slap, Pick), or switch between them for a more realistic performance
- Customize your virtual bass with active or passive electronics, parametric EQ, and under-bridge piezo pickup
- Customize your virtual bassist by controlling hand position, string force, fingers used, and even pick thickness
- 7 stompbox effects, optimized for bass
- Includes 2 models of legendary bass amps, 1 tube and 1 solid-state, derived from AmpliTube
- Supports full MIDI control and keyswitching for advanced hands-on control